As of January 1, 2021, over 146.2 million inhabitants resided on the Russian territory….Total resident population of Russia from 1959 to 2021 (in 1,000s)
Population in thousands
How many Russian people are in a million?
146.75 million people
In 2019, the total population of Russia was around 146.75 million people. Only a fraction of them live in the major Russian cities. With almost 12.1 million inhabitants, Moscow is largest of them.
What was the majority of Russian population?
In the 2010 Census, roughly 81% of the population were ethnic Russians, and the remaining 19% of the population were ethnic minorities, and roughly 85% of Russia’s population was of European descent, of which the vast majority were Slavs, with a substantial minority of Finnic and Germanic peoples.
What percent of Russia is Russian?
142,320,790 (July 2021 est.) Russian 77.7%, Tatar 3.7%, Ukrainian 1.4%, Bashkir 1.1%, Chuvash 1%, Chechen 1%, other 10.2%, unspecified 3.9% (2010 est.) Russian (official) 85.7%, Tatar 3.2%, Chechen 1%, other 10.1%; note – data represent native language spoken (2010 est.)
What was the population of Russia in 2010?
Geography. Today, Russia’s population is approximately 144 million. In 2010, the United States Census Bureau estimated that Russia’s population will decline from the 2010 estimate of 143 million to a mere 111 million by 2050, a loss of more than 30 million people and a decrease of more than 20%.
What is the demographic crisis in Russia now?
The “Graying” of the Russian Population The decline in fertility is contributing to a rapid aging of the Russian population. Between 1959 and 1990, the number of persons aged 60 and over doubled. As a result, at the beginning of the 1990s, the proportion of the population aged 60 or over reached 16 percent.
What is the population density of the Russian Federation?
Russian Federation population density is 8.6 people per square kilometer (22.1/mi2) as of November 2018. Density of population is calculated as permanently settled population of Russian Federation divided by total area of the country. Total area is the sum of land and water areas within international boundaries and coastlines of Russian Federation.
Is the population of Russia going to decline?
The United States Census Bureau estimates that Russia’s population will decline from the current 143 million to a mere 111 million by 2050, a loss of more than 30 million people and a decrease of more than 20%.